November 14, 2012

Simplicity: Wise words on Healthy living.

The wise words of Aulus Cornelius Celsus (circa 25BC - circa AD 50). Roman Historian. His encyclopaedia De Medicina, is one of the best sources on medical knowledge in the Roman world.
        
"Live in rooms full of light
Avoid heavy foods
Be moderate in the drinking of wine
Take massage, baths, exercise and gymnastics
Fight insomnia with gentle rocking or the sounds of running water
Change surroundings and take long journeys
Strictly avoid frightening ideas
Indulge in cheerful conversation and amusements
Listen to music."

Found in: Good Gut Bugs by Kathryn Marsden, pg 35

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nat, thanks for your words over on my blog. Lovely to e-meet you! Always great to find others interested in wholefood health and healing. I write a list of links on my blog on a Friday I will link to yours this week as I know my readers will enjoy yours too. Happy day to you. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki, I look forward to more whole food sharing x

      Delete

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x