A first here. A collection of blogs and other favourites that have tickled my fancy this past month. But before the list, did anyone see yesterday's full moon? It sure was a beauty.
- Age Old Tree my latest blog crush (and let me tell you it's a big crush). Ann marie documents so beautifully her love of literature, food and nature. And whilst it's heating up down here as we head into Summer, I love seeing the contrast in seasons as the Northern hemisphere heads into Winter. Particularly loving the cabin series, check out the cabin: before the storm and at the cabin: the snow came and so we went out. Another post I love...and this sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with "...it has taught me that fiction is often closer to the truth than simple fact-telling".
- The Wholefood Mama has been kicking some serious whole food butt. Nikki has a delicious healthy giveaway, seasonal salad recipe, interview with a fellow whole food mama and an honest post on why she blogs with handy blogging tips.
- The Wellness Warriors favourite go-to healthy recipe websites.
- Can't wait to get my hands on Frugavore, a book on growing your own, buying locally and eating well, which I discovered via this great review at Eight Acres. And yes it's at my local library!
- A relaxing detox bath recipe for an indulgent soak.
- Uttu - so pretty and dreamy.
- This beautiful film.
And lastly I'm grateful for an amazing scene I saw yesterday of black cygnets playing whilst being protected by Mama and Papa Black Swan (i took a video and have been trying to upload it all morning but alas my tech skills are less than proficient so no video (yet)). Yesterday morning before the cygnets and full moon I was having a bad day, expecting a piece of bad news, and definitely not feeling any gratitude. So before the 'bad news' was going to be delivered I went for a walk and was drawn out of the thoughts going around in my head and back into life. And as things go... I started to feel grateful, and the bad news...well there was none, in fact it was all good news!
Image: A house full of flowers, a picture I took a while back.