July 31, 2013

30/52 Weeks of Gratitude


52 Weeks of More Gratitude. More hope. More love.

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust.

Good friends you've known for years. The kind that still send you mail in the post old school style. That know that a book, a recipe and Peace tea with the tag 'drink tea and help Tibet' are the best kind of parcels. Good friends, you can't beat 'em.

Especially when you're down.

There were a lot of shitty days last week. Mostly small shitty. Though there was the day spent at emergency in intense pain. That was big shitty. (Thankfully it turned out to be a minor problem in the end, phew!)

In the midst of the big shitty day, my sister by my side,  I received a beautiful long email from a friend in France.  It was so good I forgot about the pain for a while. How could I not be happy when there was talk of chickens in the French countryside and working up the road in Claude Monet's garden.

A few days later at the end of another long day, and yep you guessed it, I was feeling shitty, an unexpected parcel arrived in the mail from a friend who writes beautiful handwritten letters I long treasure. Shitty mood gone, and in it's place a happy me sipping tea knowing that even from afar, good old friends are always close. xxx


52 Weeks of Grateful linking up with Octavia and Vicky. 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you were in emergency :( I'm glad everything is ok.
    Lucky you, handwritten letters are a true treasure these days x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your week was not so wonderful - hope things are ok xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x