June 23, 2013

24/52 Weeks of Gratitude





52 Weeks of More gratitude. More hope. More love.


Night markets under a clear cool sky. Live music, good food and vintage finds. The Miami Marketta Arts Creative is a regular artist run market in a newish arts precinct in Miami. I do miss the lights and character of a big city. Arts and culture, cafes, the abundance and diversity of food, historic buildings, the grittiness and the buzz of people on the streets. 

There is always so much colour and life in a city. 

The Gold Coast is definitely not a big city, but for a few hours in a one laneway market surrounded by artist studios and a little cafe complete with red velvet chairs I felt the buzz of a place come alive that was as good as a big city has to offer. And the nachos! Healthy and delicious with beans topped with a salad of carrot and cabbage, cashew sauce jalapeños and sprinkled with pepitas.  To make my first trip to the markets even more memorable I picked up a second-hand game of Boggle and had the most delicious cinnamon milky fine tea experience I've had in quite some time.  Mr Harney & Sons I concur, you are master blenders of fine tea. And best of all, the Hot Cinnamon Spice comes in decaffeinated and herbal blend varieties. 

Mid way through the evening I turned back to look at the scene behind me in the laneway and saw the shining crescent moon in the sky. At that moment I smiled and felt giddy with gratitude.

1/ Writing on the wall. 2/ Vinyl.  3/ Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.


Joining in for 52 weeks of gratitude here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x