October 22, 2012

too much springtime?



When the sweet scent of jasmine fills the air you know it's Spring time again! The start of longer days and warmer weather, of blossoming flowers and lazy afternoons in the garden. Peeling off winter layers, feeling lighter and freer. Being in QLD I'm further north than I usually am at this time of year, and still adjusting to the weather. It's hotter and more humid. Spring almost feels like summer. It feels like swimming weather again. Over the past week though I haven't felt like being outside much, or swimming, which is kind of odd for me and I was a little perplexed. Today it dawned on me though that I'd had itchy eyes and a scratchy throat for a few days and it was probably allergies from the winds and pollen. Not a major revelation I know but it did feel like a mini one and explained my desire to be indoors.

I closed all the windows and doors, rinsed out my eyes and got horizontal for the rest of the afternoon. To soothe my throat and pump up my immune system I went all out with liquids...ginger tea, homemade vegetable and beef bone broth soup, vitamin c, salt gargle and strictly followed orders provided by Mad Hatters Teas 'Marie Antoinette' blend of chamomile, rose petals, hibiscus and lavender...

Allow yourself to drift into a daydream painted with the picturesque hedges and fragrant blossoms of the palace gardens.

What trusty natural allergy remedies do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x