October 15, 2012

More gratitude. More hope. More love. #14 (Birthday)

12.10.12







What better way to start the day than to wake to brilliant blue skies, a kitchen filled with brightly wrapped presents, the smell of freshly baked carrot cake and my loved ones around. Yes, it was my birthday! My one wish for the day was simple, to spend a few wonderful hours with family. My birthday wish was granted! 

Glimpses of the day....Lemongrass tea, coffee and English breakfast tea...the warmth of the sun on our faces...clouds drifting overhead....beautiful birthday wishes from friends near and far...dad letting out a big guffaw when I told someone I had turned 25 (wink wink), when really I was newly 37....mmmm carrot cake and cream cheese icing.

My heart is warmed with love. I am so grateful for the unconditional love of my family.

beautiful birthday wrapping mum style, it takes serious concentration to undo the tight knots and folds of paper. / sweet smelling handmade soap. / photos of my family - my 2nd birthday party. / dad 'ring a ring o' roses' my 2nd birthday party. / mum, my older sister and me. 

1 comment:

  1. So lovely to read and to see the photos :)
    Happy birthday my beautiful friend.

    xxMiriam

    ReplyDelete

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x