October 11, 2012

More gratitude. More hope. More love. #13 (to market, to market)

29.09.2012



Neon lights, cheap cocktails and Sizzler. The Gold Coast isn't my first choice of a place to live, but I'm a firm believer that you can make any place work, for a short time at least. All it takes is a bit of time to uncover the good stuff, and once found get busy doing it. Finding myself living here I've started exploring and the south end of the GC is definitely my pick. 

In 'new town' exploration mode I spent a few Saturdays ago at the local farmers markets in Palm Beach.  The market was in full swing by 11am as I did my usual zip around before buying anything just to check out what was what and where the treasures were. I ate my way through samples at the pear & apple stall and silently pronounced the names of my  two favourite Greek biscuits koo-rah-bee-YAY-dehs [kourabiedes]  and  meh-toh-mah-KAH- roh- nah [melomakarona], at the Greek stall. It wouldn't be a complete market experience without a freshly brewed chai and live music under the shady trees. 

To market, to market to buy a strawberry,
Home again, home again, delighted and merry.

(ok...we might have come home with a wee bit more than that...deep purple beetroot, a variety of crisp leafy greens*, freshly baked sourdough bread and a few heavenly Greek biscuits!). 

Gratitude for finding the things I love in new places and fresh food. 

*p.s. I'll post a few recipes using the greens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x