October 30, 2012

More gratitude. More hope. More love. #15 (mint and meditation)

29.10.12 
A quiet ol' day today. I cleared out the fridge to make room for fresh veg, eggs and other goodies. Mostly I just moved items from shelf to shelf but there were a few nasty looking olives and leftovers that had to go. I hate to waste food and was happy that although the droopy bunch of mint looked rather sad it was still salvageable.  I filled each ice cube with a few sprigs of mint and voila! mint ice cubes ready for hot summer days.

I spent time reading a new book on managing fatigue. It talks a lot about finding a balance between activities that expend energy and those that renew.  Meditation is one activity that calms my nervous system and renews my energy. I love the feeling of stillness and calm afterwards. Even though I know it's good for me, I struggle with a regular practice. I fire up for a short while, practice everyday, then bam, something happens and the practice drops off. I went with the motivation I felt today and took myself to a new Peace Meditation class up the road. It was the kick up the bum I needed!

Gratitude for a slow-paced day and the ancient practice of meditation. Hari om.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x