February 04, 2013

5/52 Weeks of Gratitude


52 Weeks of More gratitude. More hope. More love.

My own range of Essential Oils. Ha! No just kidding, but I did trick my sister with that for a few seconds at Christmas time when I gave her a couple of oils and wrote that this was my new range. After a rather challenging Sunday I decided a bath was needed. I ran the water, only to find after a short while that one needs to put a plug in to keep the water in the bath (you see how tired I was!), put a few drops of lavender oil and soaked. Grateful for silence and balance restored. 

Grateful for finding an article in Nova Magazine on Shanaka Fernando. Shanaka is so inspiring. If you're ever in Melbourne I can highly recommend eating at one of the  restaurants Lentil as Anything. Put simply he runs a set of vegetarian restaurants based on a pay as you feel principle, ‘You get fed and treated with dignity even if you don’t have any money, and the colour of your skin and your education and your beliefs only put you on a par with everyone else’ SF.  But it's about so much more... and there are so many good reasons to check it out for yourselves...the food, the ethos, the community. I'm looking forward to reading his new book Everybody deserves a place at the table

And yep I'm pretty happy right now that I've caught up with my gratitude posts!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds so beautiful and I love the idea of paying what you can or what you think it is worth. Don't you think the world would be beautiful if we all worked on that principle. I love that you gave the dets here thank you and now that I want to go and see, oh and try their food. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the world would be beautiful,I love that he's actually put something into action on that principle! It totally inspires me!

      Delete
  2. A long soak in the bath sounds like a great plan for tonight!
    I love the idea of those restaurants - already on my "to do" list (the lists I don't make!) when we're in Melbourne next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy (or hope you did enjoy!) the long soak x

      Delete

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i love reading each and every comment x